Subject: Re: Another report on the PM kernel
To: None <frederic@kuru.mclean.org>
From: Takashi Hamada <hamada@next.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/11/1997 12:12:53
At 1:34 97.1.11, Blaise B. Frederick wrote:
>         cache off.)  So I dragged out a copy of cache switch, and shut it
>         off.  The speed difference in the MacOS is noticable, btw.  Anyway,
>         the machine wouldn't boot into netbsd anymore.  It got the the
>         point where it asked which disk was the root partition (which it
>         occasionally does), and the keyboard didn't seem to work.  Is there
>         code in the adb driver that requires/expects the cache to be on?

The ADB driver which I made doesn't require any cache.
If it causes a problem with cache, it may be a timing problem related to
communication with Power Manager IC, and it shouldn't cause crash.

At 3:33 97.1.11, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> I think the real problem is that there's a bug in the LC040 support under
> NetBSD. A couple of folks have found it, and Ken Nakata (sp?) (the author
> of the FPE) mentioned he'll try to get to it, as life permits.

I think so, too. I also had the same trouble as Luca and Frederick with
my LC475 (it has an LC040).

--
 Takashi Hamada
 E-mail: hamada@next.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp