Subject: Re: ports
To: Riccardo Mottola <rmottola@ns.spm.it>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/10/1997 10:42:23
At 11:08 PM 97.1.9, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> I read the FAQ.Om. But with cu I can only access the modem port (on which I
> have the printer). Hav I a device for the Internal?
> With the Mac Express Modem control panel, I can set to use the internal
> modem when the modem port is adressed. But MacBSD seems to work on a lower
> level

Finally, something I know a little bit about.  The internal express modems were
designed to have most of the "modem stuff" done in software rather than
hardware.
A noble experiment that never really worked very well.  The bottom line is that
what makes the express modem work is mostly the software that you install
with it.
Someone will have to write a driver for it which includes a lot of
low-level modem
software stuff it.

BTW, the answers to most of your questions can be found in the FAq at:

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq/

Mark

Mark Andres                  Head, Support Dept.
           GIGANET by Business Network Telecom (BNT)
E-mail:  mark@giganet.net    URL: http://www.giganet.net/staff/mark/
Nihongo: $B%^!<%/(J $B%"%s%I%l%#%9!"!!%5%]!<%HItD9!"!!(JGIGANET (BNT)