Subject: Re: 040LC question
To: Ben Dalton <machack@cyberjunkie.com>
From: None <bhh3@cornell.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/08/1997 23:45:35
On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Ben Dalton wrote:

> Ok... it is me again... is there any word on supporting the lc040 w/o an
> fpu?  I have netbsd installed.... but i cant even boot up.... so if
> there is... please let me know
> 								Ben

	There are kernels that have FPU_EMULATE installed.  However the
emulator isn't bug free yet.  It'll allow you to get things up and
running, but I would be wary of core dumps and seg faults on certain
commands that make calls which haven't been implemented in the emulator.
	Follow the FAQ to the standard sources for kernels.  If I recall
correctly some there are kernels there with FPU_EMULATE.

Barclay Hershey,
bhh3@cornell.edu