Subject: GENERAL panic
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Peters <sailor@oro.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/08/1997 17:16:00
  Due to disk space, I cannot join in on developement of NetBSD, but I
would like to be able to keep track of how it is progressing.  Is there
some document that is updated when a new GENERIC kernel is made available?
I would like to know what is changed and/or added in each successive
kernel, it would make it easy to decide if the kernel is worth upgrading
to.  This might help some of the newer members of netBSD too, as it
would help them decide which kernel will best meet their needs to start
with.

  I know the addage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", and I think it
holds true.  however some things being done/fixed/added may be beneficial
to have in these successive generic kernels... else why take the time to
compile and upload them?

Many thanks,

Michael D. Peters

--A happy member of the Macintosh NetBSD using community.