Subject: Re: Colour on IIcx
To: None <jscott@MNSi.Net>
From: John Valdes <valdes@macavity.uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/08/1997 13:46:27
Ken Nakata writes:
> On Tue, 7 Jan 1997 21:03:12 -0500,
> jscott@MNSi.Net (James Scott) wrote:
> > I ment is their a colour kernel that will work on a IIcx
>
> Yes, there is if you have the right video card.  I don't know which
> video card is the "right" one for the IIcx, though.  Someone here with
> a IIcx might be able to give you some help on choosing one.

I'm using Taras's NuBus color kernel (1.2A GENERIC #7) from
ftp://ctpa01.mit.edu/pub/ivanenko/macbsd and the colorkit X server
from ftp://puma.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/X/colorkit on my IIcx w/ a
RasterOps 24S.  This is a 24-bit, non-accelerated color card, and it
works just fine (in 8-bit mode only, though; actually, I'm a surprised
that it works at all :) ).  I would guess that this kernel/X server
combination will work with any 8-bit, non-accelerated color NuBus
card, but the only way to know if it works for you is to try it with
your card.

Hope this helps,

John

John Valdes                        Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
j-valdes@uchicago.edu                               University of Chicago