Subject: Re: docs update (again!)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/07/1997 17:48:46
>On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Colin Wood wrote:
>
>> 1) How many partitions does the Installer scan to find NetBSD
>> partitions? (8?)  How about the kernel? (32?)
>
>The kernel looks at up to 32 partitions.

The latest version of the installer also checks up to 32 partitions
when trying to find "unix" partitions.  I have not repartitioned my
drives to verify the code(That would be exceedingly painful.... :-( ).
But, the logic looks ok.  If someone with huge numbers of partitions
could download the new version and verify that it works, I would
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve Brown
sbrown@best.com

p.s.  The url is:
        <ftp://ftp.best.com/pub.s/sbrown/NetBSD/installer/installer1.1c.hqx>

p.p.s.  I am still working on further enhancements presumably ready by the
        end of the month.  I wouldn't have released this now except it might
        solve a couple of the problems recently posted to the list...

>> 2) Does the Installer recognize A/UX Usr type partitions or does only the
>> kernel do this? (the latter seems to be the case)
>
>The last time I used the Installer, which was admittedly a bit ago now, it
>recognized and used Usr slices just fine.

Yes, it works fine with Usr slices.  I have multiple of them....