Subject: powerbook 520c
To: mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron Namba <musicman@koa.iolani.honolulu.hi.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/07/1997 08:22:45
I am very new to this list, and I was trying to search the archives, but
found them a bit too numerous, and what i did search through had nothing
on newer models.

The Quadra 630 seems to be the newest model supported (or soon to be
supported).  What prevents MacBSD from working on other models, such as
mine?  I realize that the hardware is different, but it can't be that
radically different that the booter crashes so early.  I tried installing
netbsd a while ago, and I would like to try again if anyone can tell me
that I have at least a hint of getting it to work.  Last time, I had
either 4 or 8 megs of ram, and if i had 4, that was most likely one of
the problems.  I have 12 now, and I'm wondering if I have any chance.  No
exotic hardware, mostly stock apple hardware (replaced several times,
though; I love applecare!).

TIA!

--Aaron Namba