Subject: Problem with installer and mkfs.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steve Carlson <stevec@accessone.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/06/1997 15:39:21
Hi,

I'm trying to re-install NetBSD on to a Quantum Fireball 1080.  I'm using
The latest version of mkfs (1.2?) off of ftp.netbsd.org and Installer 1.1a.
I can set the partition type in mkfs and build the file system without any
problems. When I try to run the installer it gives an error about not
finding a Root partition.  The partition on an old drive I partitioned
a while back says A/UX Root, my new partition says NetBSD
Root & Usr.  Does the installer not recognize the new name?

BTW, I tried the the Installer from the 1.2 dist. and it crashed and nuked
my entire hard drive twice before I caught on to what the problem was.
Also, the first time I installed  NetBSD, the partitions were the first ones
on the disk, before my HFS partition.

Thanks,

--
Steve Carlson