Subject: Intvid update
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/06/1997 14:30:44
Sorry things have been progressing so slow!

I'm down to the wire now on the IIvx code. I've discovered that my memory
problems were do to the fact that I've got a hodge podge of old and new
code. So I'm going to do a fresh NetBSD/kernsrc install. Then I simply have
to debug the palette changing code.

IIsi/IIci code should follow. I've got a nice assembly dump of what happens
on those machines and they almost exactly parallel the IIvx.

I recently purchaced a PowerMac and I'd like to do MkLinux with a
cross-compiler for NetBSD. This should speed up the code-boot-test-boot
cycle a little but it's going to take some setup time :)

I'm dying to get *something* to everybody so when the IIvx code is done, I
suppose I'll release it along with the source.

There is alot of cleanup that needs to be done with video-associated code since
there are quite a few wild assumptions being made. In addition, there is the
unique situation on PowerBooks and Duos where there is internal video, external
video, and possibly a third monitor! There is currently only support for
either internal *or* external video but not both at once.

Again, sorry for the slow going, but with projects, papers, and new machines
to toy with :) I've been bogged down. Just thought I'd let everyone know
I haven't disappeared from the scene :)