Subject: Re: Newer Power Manager driver for PowerBook series is released
To: Takashi Hamada <hamada@next.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp>
From: Benjamin Coburn <btcoburn@ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/06/1997 02:14:06
On Sun, 5 Jan 1997, Takashi Hamada wrote:

> Test kernels for PB140/145/170 and PB5XX series is also available at there.
> These kernels may not work on the PB160-180 models and Duo series.
> But, I suppose they may work with Michael Zucca's intvid code.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>  Takashi Hamada
>  E-mail: hamada@next.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp

This is great. My PB180 will now boot all the way down to "Root device:"
with an external moniter connected. I don't know about my trackball
(the kernel found it when it booted thought) but I can type just fine
into the builtin debugger. If you or anyone else has time to make a
kernel that includes the intvid code for PB1XX's I'll try booting it
as I can. Also, the name of the kernel that I was using was:
PMTEST.961214.120.ncr
                        -btc

PS. I don't remember if this was sposed to work, but the backlight
dimmer still does not.

         *      ___     *             Benjamin T. Coburn              *
         *     <%,%>    *      "Insufficient DADA."  -Anonymous       *
         *     ('-')    *  Email:  btcoburn@ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu       *
         *     -"-"-    *  Packet: ke6kxk@ke6lw.#nocal.ca.usa.noam    *
         *  Web: http://ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu/~btcoburn/btcoburn.html   *