To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/05/1997 21:07:02
On Sun, 5 Jan 1997 22:49:01 -0600 (CST)
 "The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood]" <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU> wrote:

 > Hence, we place our documentation on puma.macbsd.com....  :-)

...which is confusing, at best.  The computers boot and say "NetBSD".

 > I see your point in that, but I'm not entirely sure I agree.  There's that
 > bit of history to MacBSD.  Besides, it's a heck of a lot easier to type.
 > There's also the fact that OpenBSD has a mac68k port.  It could be that a
 > macbsd list would be more general to macintosh issues for BSD, and less
 > about specifics of NetBSD.  But I still don't think that list should be
 > _this_ list.  (Confused?  So am I.)

Sure... There's a bit of history behind NetBSD/i386, too (called 386BSD :-).
NetBSD/hp300 came from HP-BSD.  Evenually, legacy names go away.

As for OpenBSD having a mac68k port... "So?"  This is a NetBSD mailing
list.  If they're capable of providing a source tree, I'm sure they're
capable of providing mailing lists of their own.  Quite honestly, I
don't believe that OpenBSD issues have any place on this or any other
NetBSD mailing list.  It's a separate project, after all..