Subject: Re: Connecting powerbook to AppleIIgs
To: Curtis G. Hall <chall01@mail.coin.missouri.edu>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/03/1997 19:29:34
On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Curtis G. Hall wrote:

> Well, I'm hoping when i write this that NetSD will install on my
> powerbook 150.  If it doesn't run then I hope it will run in serail
> mode.  COuple questions.  On my Apple IIgs I have Proterm running.  How
> do i boot up NetBSD for my Apple 2 to know it's there?  <-- in others
> words how will the Apple 2 know when NetBSD starts up? :P
>
> Thanks,
> --Curtis

Don't know about proterm specifically, but I've used a gs connected to my
PB145 in serial console mode, a while back.  Basically, just make sure
that Proterm is set to use the modem port or printer port (i.e. not to use
an internal modem), and set hardware handshaking on.  Then, set NetBSD to
boot w/ serial console turned on in the booter, and you should be all set.
Oh yeah, make sure to set Proterm to 9600 8N1.

Hope that answers your question,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |