Subject: Re: Q605/P475/LC475 Was Re: MacBSD booter freezes
To: John P. Wittkoski <apreco@mag-net.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/03/1997 18:55:46
>1. No ADB Support. The machines all use the Cuda ADB chip.
>   Neither MRG nor ADBTEST kernels support these models. (Can
>   you confirm this for MRG, Bob?) I am very actively working on
>   putting Cuda support in the ADBTEST kernels, but don't know
>   what the status is for MRG.

We mapped out the MRG routines for the Q605 some time ago but it was done
before the ncr96 SCSI support.  It *might* work with a standard kernel if
it includes the updated romvec table. The LC475 is built on the same
motherboard but responds with a different Gestalt ID and so it probably
has a slightly different MRG address set. We could try that one with a
standard Kernel if someone wants to give me a hand.  As far as the Cuda
ADB chip being supported in the MRG routines, yes and no.  Some systems
have the Cuda and work just fine with the GENERIC Kernel and the MRG
routines, and some don't.

If someone has a Q605 or LC475/476 and wants to work with me on trying
the MRG stuff just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

-bob