Subject: Q605/P475/LC475 Was Re: MacBSD booter freezes
To: None <apreco@mag-net.com>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/03/1997 16:33:50
Alex Precosky wrote:

> Anyone up and running with a Quadra 605/Performa 475/LC 475,476?

Long answer:

Last I heard, there are at least 3 possible problems with
running on these models:
1. No ADB Support. The machines all use the Cuda ADB chip.
   Neither MRG nor ADBTEST kernels support these models. (Can
   you confirm this for MRG, Bob?) I am very actively working on
   putting Cuda support in the ADBTEST kernels, but don't know
   what the status is for MRG.
2. LC040 support. Several of these machine (maybe all?) come
   default with a LC040, not a 040, and there are a few problems
   with the FPU emulation. This is also being actively worked
   on I believe.
3. SCSI (53c96) support. I think this is now working on some
   kernels, but I don't know whether it's in the official kernel
   source yet. (Scott or Allen?)

Short answer: Soon.

	--John