Subject: Re: ADBTEST160 - more info
To: Jamie Le Tual <j_letua@alcor.concordia.ca>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/02/1997 17:08:57
On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, Jamie Le Tual wrote:

> actually, cmd-power envokes the macintosh built-in debugger. very rarely
> documented to exist at all, and getting a list of commands is harder. But
> to get back to where you came from, type 'G <return>'

Actually, cmd-power generates an interrupt at IPL7, which under Mac OS
drops you into the built-in debugger (or MacsBug, if it's loaded).  When
running NetBSD it drops into the kernel debugger, aka ddb.

This looks like a simple case of lack of ADB support, at this point.
That's actually encouraging, since we have a solution of sorts for that,
even though it's not in the source tree yet.

--scott