Subject: Re: Mouse support
To: None <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@daikichi.nonexistent.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/02/1997 23:13:33
On Wed, 1 Jan 1997 16:41:24 -0600 (CST),
Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu> wrote:
> When I looked through the current NetBSD ADB code, though, I came up with
> a few questions.  My first question is:  does the Extended Mouse protocol
> support actually work?  From what I've read of the spec, it doesn't
> appear to do so (I mean, it just might support 3 buttons, but definitely
> not any more than that, and it completely ignores the additional motion
> bits supplied by the protocol).  I might be able to fix this, but first,
> does anyone have a mouse which uses the Extended Mouse Protocol which
> actually works under NetBSD?

Oops, you noticed ;-) Yes, I'm aware of these nonconfirmities.  I
don't remember everything I thought about it when I added it to the
ADB driver, but I remember I couldn't make my Logitech TrackMan send
any meaningful pattern in the additional motion bits.  So, I figured
it'd be okay to ignore them.  As for the limitation on number of
buttons, I'm not sure why I did it...

I guess it should be fixed.

ken