Subject: Re: umoria 5.5.2
To: xiamin <Ingerrn@cris.com>
From: Todd Littlefield <tsl@xtdl.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/24/1996 17:23:12
xiamin wrote:

> has any one out there gotten umoria 5.5.2 to compile? ive already got
> rogue and nethack, but it just isnt enough ;). when i <make> it, i get
> alot of errors from io.c, one of the files that comes with it, which makes
> me think either theres an error in the file, the things it has problems
> with are deined in a file i didnt get a hold of with the distribution, or
> in a file in /include that doesnt come with netbsd.
>
> -xiamin
> Technomagus artium occultarum detestibiliumque Nargumm Industries
> http://www.cris.com/~ingerrn
> http://www.netvirtual.com/iris/simon/art.html

The answer is yes, moria is compiled.  There is however a problem.  Either
there is a bug in the way curses is used in moria or the libcurses.a archive
is messed up.  I am leaning towards the latter problem.

Moria will execute but after printing the first three or four lines in
either the town or a shop the status bar on the left is spread across the
entire screen.

Has anyone else seen problems with curses acting up with version 1.2?
I am running NetBSD 1.2 installed OVER a 1.1 area on a Mac IIci.  I was
trying to run moria under Xwindows in an 80x24 window.  The install SHOULD
have replaced the older libcurses.a file but I can't be positive...

Thanks for any help...

Todd Littlefield
tsl@xtdl.com