Subject: Re: installer Q
To: None <>
From: Colin Wood <>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/17/1996 17:32:26
> using installer 1.9.4, just saw an odd message scroll by, something to the
> effect of:
> /: Optimization switching from SPACE to TIME
> is this anything to be concerned about?
> space is a major concern, considering i'm installing onto a zip
> (for about the fifth time, *sigh*)

I seem to remember something about this when the installer was posted
(something about how it installs faster now).  I don't think that it's
anything to be worried about (but I could obviously be wrong).  Either
way, a NetBSD install is not going to take up any more or less space no
matter how it's done.
> also, could someone point me at the latest GENERIC (12 is it?) kenrel?

(BTW, I think that it's GENERIC#15, unless Scott has become even more
prolific than usual ;-)

I hope this helps.

Colin Wood