Subject: Re: Kernels for Quadra
To: John Plotecher <jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/13/1996 20:27:15
On Thu, 12 Dec 1996, John Plotecher wrote:

> Does anybody know of Quadra 700 or Mac LCII friendly kernels? I have tried
> GENERIC 77 (the Dec.1 build), GENERIC 13, and GENERIC 15. Each of them gets
> to "Bye bye..." and then freezes. However, when I restart, the Mac says
> nothing about not being shut down properly. (hope that helps!)

Those symptoms suggest that the booter doesn't even successfully shut down
MacOS.  Make sure you boot with all extensions off, virtual memory off,
etc. and if it still fails, try another booter.  With any luck, there
should be several variations floating around at any given moment.  Try 1.9
or even 1.8, see if those do the same thing.

Good luck,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |