Subject: Beginners Luck ?
To: Port Mac 68K <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Denny <dhenders@iupui.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/11/1996 01:05:06
I started up a NetBSD box in order to get some more Unix experience.

IIcx   23 MB Ram  230 HD

A freind of mine has a Linux box on the same subnet running netatalk, so I
put all the distribution files on there and installed moste veerything
except the games, X, and the compiler.

the install went pretty well for first time and it boots and runs.
The network stuff runs OK and was not too hard to figure out, but I have
to type some things at the command line to start the network services
whenever I boot up. It's been running for four days now...

I use the 1.2 distribution files.

I want to use nfs  ... I have the kernel from eskimo.cpoy dir on
netbsd.com.

Will I need to reinstall the other binaries or should that work with what
I have?

Also how much space do I need to install the compiler and use it to
compile a kernel?

I just joined this list recently, and I think NetBsd is pretty amazing.

So far I've got Pine and Pico running and am looking forward to adding
some disk space so I can have a small web/mail server.

The fact that I was able to get it working fairly easily shows me that
this is a pretty well thought out project.

Denny