Subject: OpenBSD 2.0, etc.
To: NetBSD/Mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Isaac Salpeter <isaac@ticalc.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/1996 16:27:13
I have a few questions that I need answers to before I take my semester
break. Basically, I'm taking a IIcx 20/1gig home with me and I'd like to
have it running OpenBSD 2.0 by the time I return in January.

I don't know how to install OpenBSD 2.0 - does it use the same
installer/booter? Should it be partitioned in the same way? Also, I need
some information on cross-compiling an OpenBSD kernel, since a kernel
isn't included in the distribution. I would like to build a kernel with
SBC (since I got burned with the NCR driver on my 2 gig SE/30). Is this in
the OpenBSD sources?

Also, does OpenBSD (or NetBSD, for that matter) support the Apple Portrait
Display and its card (or just the APD running on an 8/24 card)? I've
fallen in love with this monitor on the Mac side, and I'd love the extra
real-estate if I run X.

I know this is a lot all at once, but I'm setting this machine up as a
low-volume web/mail server for the FSU film school, so I want to use
OpenBSD for its more secure configuration..

Thanks,
-Isaac

--
Isaac Salpeter