Subject: Performa 630 FPU issues
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Godfrey <godfreja@adam.cs.uwec.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/05/1996 22:36:44
I have had frequent trouble with getting segmentation faults when running
NetBSD on a Performa 630. This was supposedly due to a bug in the FPU
emulator. Well, I installed the libm-nomc68881 libraries to hopefully get
rid of this problem (it worked for Steve Allen on a C610.)

However, I still get frequent segmentation faults. Did I install it wrong
(putting the stuff in /usr/lib, replacing what was already there) or is
there something else going on here?

Details
-------
Peforma 63xCD 68LC040
36 Meg Ram
800 M root, 80 meg swap
(Not my computer, just testing it before I run out and get a SCSI
drive for my own use.)

Thanks

Jason Godfrey	 		http://www.cs.uwec.edu/~godfreja/
		                e-mail: godfreja@adam.cs.uwec.edu