Subject: Re: Compiling a new Kernel
To: Derrick Hutchinson <derrick1@tribeca.ios.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/1996 23:11:30
On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Derrick Hutchinson wrote:

> I created a new config called p600 in /usr2/src/sys/arch/mac68k/conf and
> then try to "config p600".  Problem is I get:
>
>         cannot open "arch/mac68k/conf/std.mac68k"

That's because you need to update your `config' program before trying to
configure and compile a -current kernel.  Go to src/usr.sbin/config and
compile and install a new version, then try again.

> I have an Asante Ethernet card, 20MB of memory and a
> Supermac/Spectrum III video card.  What I'm trying to do is create a kernel
> which will boot with the video card in, but just ignore it.

Commenting out the line that has `ae* at nubus?' on it should ignore the
ethernet card, or commenting out the line that says `macvid* at nubus?'
should ignore the video card.  There is an interrupt conflict between the
two that unfortunately can't be resolved at the moment (but someone's
working on that).

--scott