Subject: Re: Is dead lithium battery culprit? (Was: Re: IIcx Power supply needed)
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/30/1996 23:58:06
On Oct 31, 12:49am, Scott Reynolds wrote:
>Since the battery was 3.6V, what I did instead was to take a couple of AA
>alkalines in a holder, clip the lithium battery lead near the battery, and
>then put the wires coming from the AA holder to the appropriate place on
>the board (attaching them to the dead battery's leads).  While I don't
>recommend this, it worked for me.

I realize this may not be the case for everyone, but...

I, too have a IIx, but it has its lithium batteries in a holder.  I just
went down to Radio Shaft and bought a couple of new ones and plugged them
in.  No muss, no fuss. :)  The blisterpaks even listed Macintosh as one
of the battery applications.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/