Subject: Is dead lithium battery culprit? (Was: Re: IIcx Power supply
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James D. Skee <spiritwalker@doe.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/30/1996 16:32:41
>My IIcx's power supply finally died. Where can I get a working power supply

First, many thanks to everyone who responded in private about my question.
Having not yet purchaced a power supply, I read a column in this months
MacUser (could be MacWorld, cant remember) about how a dying battery could
cause problems recognizing SCSI harddrives (my 40MB drive might not be dead
yet!), as well as problems powering up, so I was wondering if it might also
cause the power supply to not function properly, thus preventing my IIcx
from powering up? Pretty much, the fan starts to move, and the power light
flashes briefly, but thats it and the Mac wont boot.

--
James D. Skee - ResNova Technical Support
http://www.resnova.com/users/employees/jamesskee.html