Subject: RE: Newbie questions
To: 'Scott Reynolds' <scottr@og.org>
From: Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@nola.srrc.usda.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/28/1996 12:00:28
How do I upgrade to X11R6.1 from X11R6? In other words, what pitfalls =
should I be aware of? Will any software have to be recompiled to use new =
libraries, etc.? Finally, can I untar into the same directory as X11R6? =
My primary concern is a lack of disk space. I can not have both versions =
on disk at the same time, even transiently. I do have a Syquest 135, so =
I guess I could untar it there, see what needs to be done with R6 and =
then move the 6.1 tree to my internal once I have removed R6. Does this =
sound reasonable? Sorry about firing off so many questions. Thanks for =
your help.
Glenn P. Johnson
P. O. Box 19687
New Orleans, LA 70179