Subject: Video testing program
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/28/1996 11:02:10
Due to high popular demand, I put together a small MacOs program which
dumps the contents of NuBus video card ROM. If NuBus video kernels do
not work for you or you are just curious about your card's ROM, try
this program. It is in
ctpa01.mit.edu:/pub/ivanenko/macbsd/video_data.hqx

When run, it puts the following info into the file video_data.txt:

1) traverse the device list to find ".Display_Video*" device to find
slot number of video card. (I am not sure what are the names of
internal video drivers, there may be a conflict here)
2) print the name of the card and some usefull numbers
3) dump the PrimaryInit, SecondaryInit and the driver code (in hex)
4) prints the possible video modes info.

All output takes about 60K on my machine.

So, If you send me the output (video_data.txt) I will try to improve
the color kernel when I will have time.

The source for the program is in the file
ctpa01.mit.edu:/pub/ivanneko/macbsd/video_data.c

	Taras Ivanenko.