Subject: Re: 3-button memory (was Re: popper...)
To: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/26/1996 06:40:14

> David Bushong wrote:
>
> > Well, at least w/ my 3-button (Mouse Systems MacPoint Pro), nothing gets
> > stored in "mouse memory"..  I set the buttons in MacOS control panel to
> > have 2nd and 3rd do option-left and right, and when I boot into netbsd,
> > they do their worthless defaults (non-option-left-arrow and right)
>
> ADBReInit send a RESET command to all the devices when it is called,
> so the devices all go back to their initial states, before they know
> what to do with the 2nd and 3rd buttons.
>
> 	--John

This makes sense, but what do you think is the problem with 3 button mice that are specifically
supported, like the microspeed. The kernel recognizes it, but the 2 and 3 buttons don't work right
in X. Do we have to configure X separately so that the buttons act as expected?
Is it as simple as setting xmodmap up correctly?
If it is, maybe putting instructions in the FAQ, or somewhere would be a good idea.

Brad