Subject: Re: mouse buttons not faq i hope
To: John Ostrowick <jon@macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/1996 16:26:48
> i don't think this is exactly faq status ;-)
> is it possible for me to map buttons 2 and 3 to
>
> option-click
> command-click
>
> instead of option-l.arrow and option-r.arrow?

I've often wondered this myself...

> i hope so. my option key is FAR from the arrow keys. I have to use 2 hands
> to click the buttons 2 and 3. Now, if i have to use buttons 2 or 3 to get
> a menu up, and then select it, bearing in mind that both hands are being
> used to do the click
>
> well
>
> you can imagine
> how do i move the mouse to select the menu item? or drag a file in the
> file manager to do a copy?

It just takes some real stretching with your fingers (I've got an Apple
Extended keyboard, the one without the extra function keys, arrow keys,
or numeric keyboard, and it's quite a stretch, but I can press the
combination one handed ;-)

> welllll...
> with my nose.
> sometimes my toes
> :-)
> not _that_ convenient eh? ;-)
> you won't believe how funny it looks :-)

That might work too ;-)

Later.