Subject: NetBSD on a IIci: booting help needed
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gary Vankirk <vankirk@toto.csustan.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/24/1996 12:53:29
Hello,

I'm running a Mac IIci with 12 meg of RAM, an Apple 8-bit video card, a
cache card, several SCSI drives, System 7.1.1

I've got a 730 Quantum that's been AUXed, (with root, usr, and swap
partitions), with a Mac partition as well. As far as I could tell I
successfully loaded all of version 1.2 software onto the AUX partitions.

I've tried to boot with the cards in place; removed; extensions off;
extensions on, but with RAMDoubler removed; all variations hang at the same
place in the boot process:

Changing root drive 2 sd2a
PRAM ....<buncha numbers>....
init not found
panic: no init
Stopped at Debugger+0x6: unlk a6

then I get the db> prompt

I've typed continue and next (after "next" it ran INCREDIBLY slow) and it
does this:

syncing disks...done
NetBSD does not trust itself to update the RFC on shutdown
dumping to dev411, ofset 8
dump 71 70 69 area improper

Then it hangs for awhile and then the machine reboots itself.

Would appreciate some pointers if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

--gv