Subject: Re: NuBus color kernels + sources
To: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/23/1996 06:01:05
On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Taras Ivanenko wrote:

> I put my Nubus color test code to ctpa01.mit.edu:/pub/ivanenko/macbsd
> My original sources were supped on Oct. 18, I looked briefly at the
> last SUP, the changes there seems to be small.

<snip>

> If those kernel do not work with your hardware, send me a note. It may
> be just a matter of adding few Slot Manager routines.

Well, unfortunately it doesn't work for me :(

I get the following messages during the bus probe:

    macvid0 at nubus0: Futura SX
    Possible modes: 0x80, 0x81, 0x82, 0x83, 0x84
    unknown OS trap 0xa11a, no trap address available
    panic: mrg_aline_super()

Looks like I found another trap that needs to be implemented.  According
to my Inside Macintosh XRef, 0xa11a is _GetZone.  Quoting from IM Volume
II (page 31):

  FUNCTION: GetZone : THz

  Trap macro    _GetZone
  On exit       A0: function result (pointer)
                D0: result code (word)

  GetZone returns a pointer to the current heap zone.

  Assembly-language note:  The global variable TheZone contains a pointer
  to the current heap zone.

  Result codes  noErr    No Error