Subject: definitive machine list
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/22/1996 10:45:45
There has been some discussion recently on what machines
have what processors, capabilities, etc.

Coincidently, last night I found a definitive list of all
the current Mac models by (surprise!) Apple.

Here's what you need:
http://www.support.apple.com/pub/apple_sw_updates/US/Macintosh/
Utilities/Apple_Spec_8-96v2.hqx

and if you don't happen to own FileMaker 2.1 you'll need the
runtime viewer:

http://www.support.apple.com/pub/apple_sw_updates/US/Macintosh/
Utilities/Apple_Spec_8-96_app.hqx

Although this list doesn't get as detailed as some of
us might like, it is a great overview of all the models in
a clear, consise format. It even lists all the models that
weren't sold in the US.

Perhaps some of you had known about this list before, but it
sure surprised me when I found it. This list is definately
better that what I had been using, which was the Hardware
section of the comp.sys.mac FAQ.

	--John