Subject: Q950 (Re: 1.2-current machine status update)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Lennox <lennox@cs.columbia.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/1996 23:30:59
On Mon, October 21 1996, "Colin Wood" wrote to "Yasuhiro Mitsui, NetBSD Mac68k" saying:

> Which GENERIC kernel have you tried?  I think that the support for
> Quadra-style ADB is in the latest GENERIC kernels, but I could be wrong.
> Anyone else know about this for sure?

On my Quadra 950:

The release 1.2 kernel panics after setup_egret in mrg_aline_super with
"unknown OS trap 0xa087".

ADBTEST.160 freezes after adb: cleanup.

I've looked for a more recent GENERIC kernel than 1.2, but GENERICSBC-3 (the
only one I was able to find) freezes after the Video Address move, where the
copyright line should be printed -- is it not compiled with '040 code or
something?

I've talked to John Wittkoski about ADBTEST, and he suspects that it's a
timing problem in the code -- I've volunteered for his list of ADBTEST
testers, so hopefully he'll be able to resolve that.

But in general, we don't seem to have ADB working for the Quadra 950 yet on
any kernel I've been able to find.

Has anyone tested the other early Quadra machines (700, 900)?  I'd imagine
they'd be fairly similar since they're of the same generation.

--
Jonathan Lennox
lennox@cs.columbia.edu