Subject: Re: Using an Archive Viper QIC-150 drive w/NetBSD 1.2
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Reynolds <Andrew.Reynolds@novanet.ns.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/1996 08:39:46
At 21:37 07/10/96 -0400, Andrew Reynolds wrote:
>>On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Andrew Reynolds wrote:
>>
>>> However, when I try accessing the drive, more often than not I see errors
>>> like this:
>>>
>>> Oct  3 00:11:23 myname /netbsd: st0(sbc0:4:0): illegal request, data = 08 20
>>> 00 00 00 20
>>> Oct  3 00:11:23 myname /netbsd: st0: cannot set selected mode

I don't know of how much use this info is to anyone else, but I did solve my
problem in the end by adding the Q_MODE_SENSE_HELP(?) option to the quirks
definition for this drive in st.c. Now the kernel only seems to complain
when there's really a fault, as opposed to whenever I want to access the drive.
--
Andrew Reynolds, Systems Administrator, Novanet Inc.
Andrew.Reynolds@Novanet.ns.ca