Subject: Re: Q650
To: None <Ingerrn@cris.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/20/1996 14:32:20
> ive noticed in the current machine status doc by Colin Wood that the Q650
> and C650 are referd to as having a 040/25. i dont know about anyone else,
> but my Q650 is a 040/33. does this mean i can still run netbsd on it,
> without the scsi? and does no scsi mean that i cant use more than id 0? if
> i cant even use 1 drive at id 0, i cant run anything, so that stands to
> reason that i should if there is limited support for it now.

Oops, small oversight on my part.  The corrected entries look like this:

Model    CPU    SC IV NV IE NE ADB SCSI FPU 32 Kernel Comments
-----  -------  -- -- -- -- -- --- ---- --- -- ------ -------------------

C650   040/25   N  ?  ?  N  ?   Y   N    Y  Y

Q650   040/33   N  ?  ?  N  ?   Y   N    Y  Y

Anyway, what the lack of SCSI support means is that you cannot currently
access your hard drive from within netbsd on either of these machines
because the driver for the ncr96 scsi driver is not complete yet.

You do have the option of booting from a miniroot, however, and going
from there.  Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea how to do this
(anyone want to write a HOWTO??? ;-)

Of course, as of last night, David Huang seems to have made some progress
on the ncr96scsi driver, so perhaps full SCSI support is not far off.

Later.