Subject: Re: 1.2-current machine status
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dan Jacobowitz <youngdrow@mail.geocities.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/20/1996 14:42:14
>   <"http://www.lycos.com">Postage paid by:Ctalog of the Internet
>
>>>LCIII  030/25   N  Y  ?  O  Y   Y   Y    N  Y
>>>P450
>>
>>I don't know about the P450,, but my LCIII doesn't even have any NuBus
>>slots.  NuBus video unfortunately is not an optin for me.
>
>Sure it is. If you plug a PDS video card into your PDS slot then it fakes
>itself up in the NuBus memory range. Not that this is popular option amongst
>LC owners or anything but it is possible. :)

> Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
> "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
>  --Rush, Freewill

All right, I revoke my comment.  PDS video?  Never heard of it but I'll
take your word for it.
Now, about -current:
I got the -current sys.tar.gz dated about 2:30 (i think) on Oct. 19.  I
compiled them just now, without a single error (gawd that takes forever to
do!)  and tried to boot.  Here's what happened.
It recognized my LCIII.
It recognized my ADB.
It recognized my 640x480 __256 color__ video.
And then it gave the PRAM: 0xblahblah, macos_boottime 0xblahblah.
And then it stopped.
Not even hitting the debugger key got a reaction.
The only special options I used were disabling FPSP and '040 and '020,
along with adding UCONSOLE.  Anyone have any ideas?

"Black holes are points where God divided by zero"