Subject: Extra Cheesy 53c96 driver
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/20/1996 04:17:46
Was wondering if anyone was interested in trying out a cheesy driver
for the 53c96 scsi chips used in many Quadras. It's just a couple
hours worth of hacking on the scsi96.c driver that's already in the
source tree, so don't expect too much :) It sits around and polls the
chip until it's done, so it's pretty slow, and while it's
transferring, you can't do anything else. I seem to get about
120Kbytes/second out of it on my Centris 660av. It does work though, I
can boot my 660av into multiuser mode and actually do stuff, which is
pretty nifty :)

Anyways, if you want to try it, let me know what kind of Mac you have,
and what its SCSIBase is (type dl c00 in MacsBug or something) and I
can send a GENERIC NetBSD-current kernel. I can also send the source
to anyone who wants it.

Dahan: Hani G Y+C 20 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++