Subject: Re: tcl/tk
To: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
From: Stefan Schmiedl <swsch@t-online.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/17/1996 06:34:29
Taras Ivanenko wrote:

> I have redefined internal Tcl file
> offset type and run grep for all functions that use it. Very ugly
> task.

I think I will do this, too.
Maybe it would be easier, to grep for stat calls and then   \8-P
store only the lower 32 bits of the size, since I don't     \8-P
have files of that size?                                    \8-P

> I discussed this problem with Ken Nakata long ago. The problem is not
> with X server but with gcc that can not properly compile X server when
> optimization is on (at least this was the case at that time).

Then I *do* have a problem with the X server, because it was
incorrectly compiled, no?
Since I am still with NetBSD1.1, my X server is the one suggested
for use on an SE/30, i.e. from the file Xmacbsd-960127.tar.gz.
Is this server compiled correctly?

> Colorkit
> X server was compiled witout optimization so it can handle Tk only if
> you can run it on your machine... I have not checked the X server from
> 1.2 distribution yet and I am very curious to see how it works.

What, if any, are the effects of running a colorkit X server on
a black and white machine?

--
Greetings,
Stefan Schmiedl

    email: swsch@t-online.de
    phone: +94 21 92 39 16
snailmail: Ittlinger Strasse 27c, D-94315 Straubing, Germany
     "In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit ..."