Subject: Re: tcl/tk
To: None <swsch@t-online.de>
From: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/16/1996 16:24:21
> The only problem with tcl was that "%ld" results in "0"
> when applied to a quad integer holding 11 as value ...

You hope this is the only problem ... Actually the file offsets (which
are quad) are passed around Tcl/Tk/TclX code as integers sometimes
without proper care or prototypes. I have redefined internal Tcl file
offset type and run grep for all functions that use it. Very ugly
task.

> But what is not so easy to fix, at least for me, is
> that tk likes to kill my display server from time to time.

I discussed this problem with Ken Nakata long ago. The problem is not
with X server but with gcc that can not properly compile X server when
optimization is on (at least this was the case at that time). Colorkit
X server was compiled witout optimization so it can handle Tk only if
you can run it on your machine... I have not checked the X server from
1.2 distribution yet and I am very curious to see how it works.

	Taras Ivanenko.