Subject: Perl 5.003
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joshua Krage <jkrage@access.digex.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/15/1996 00:49:32
If anyone is interested, I've compiled the latest release of Perl, v5.003
under NetBSD 1.2.  I used all of the defaults during the compilation
process, which are pretty sensible.  The package contains the entire
installation in /usr/local (lib/perl5, bin, man).

The 1.6 Mb package is available at:
    ftp://ftp.access.digex.net/pub/access/jkrage/perl5003.netbsd.tar.gz

I've also compiled Pine 3.95, but I think that is already available at
one of the NetBSD archives.  Bash 1.14.7 is done and also seems to
work.  All of these compiled straight out of the box with NetBSD
preferences, so if you have the source distribution, it should be easy
to make your own versions.

I expect to have INN 1.5beta working soon as well.  It claims support
for NetBSD, so it should be fairly easy as well.  I want to compile
the latest GNU Emacs, but I havn't had the time on my
28.8. connection. :(

--
jkrage@access.digex.net