Subject: 1.2 working machines
To: NetBSD Mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/11/1996 17:52:16
The following is my list of "fully" working (i.e. ADB, internal or NuBus
video, and SCSI works) machines for the 1.2 _release_ kernel.  Can anyone
add anything to or correct this list in any way (I'll work on the post
1.2 -current list this weekend):

NetBSD/Mac68k Machine Status
Colin Wood, ender@rice.edu
v1.2.0, 11 October 1996

This document serves as the definitive source of information of the
status of which Macintosh models are known to work with the 1.2
release kernels for the mac68k port of NetBSD (a.k.a. MacBSD)

Model = Mac Model
CPU = processor (type/speed)
SC = Serial console required
IV = Internal (on board) video works
NV = Nubus video works
IE = Internal ethernet works
NE = Nubus/PDS ethernet works
ADB = ADB (keyboard and mouse) works
SCSI = SCSI works
FPU = Has built-in math coprocessor
PMMU = Has Paged Memory Management Unit on board
32 = Has 32-bit clean ROM's (does _not_ require MODE32)
Kernel = Recommended kernel (1.2 = NetBSD 1.2 release kernel)
Comments = ...

Y = yes, N = no, O = not an option, ? = no info available

Fully working with the 1.2 release kernel:

Model    CPU    SC IV NV IE NE ADB SCSI FPU PMMU 32 Kernel Comments
-----  -------  -- -- -- -- -- --- ---- --- ---- -- ------ -------------------

SE/30  030/16   N  Y  Y  O  Y   Y   Y    Y   Y   N   1.2

II     020/16   N  O  Y  O  Y   Y   Y    Y   N   N   1.2

IIx    030/16   N  O  Y  O  Y   Y   Y    Y   Y   N   1.2

IIcx   030/16   N  O  Y  O  Y   Y   Y    Y   Y   N   1.2

IIci   030/25   N  ?  Y  O  Y   Y   Y    Y   Y   Y   1.2

IIvx   030/32   N  Y  Y  O  Y   Y   Y    Y   Y   Y   1.2

IIsi   030/20   N  ?  Y  O  Y   Y   Y    N   Y   Y   1.2

IIvi   030/16   N  Y  Y  O  Y   Y   Y    N   Y   Y   1.2

Thanks for your input.  Keep in mind that these are the "fully" working
machines.  (If anybody can say for sure whether or not internal video is
working with the 1.2 release on the IIsi and the IIci, I'd really
appreciate it!)

Later.