Subject: TCP/IP problem!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Johan Claesson <Johan.Claesson@uab.ericsson.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/11/1996 17:40:04
Hi!

First of all I wanna thank everybody who have tried to help me configuring my
system. But I think you don't really understand my problem.
I have one Macintosh IIcx running NetBSD 1.1 that is connected througn a
Twisted-Pair cable to one Macintosh Performa 475. There is only this single line
between thoose computers, no connection to a server or a other net.

So my problem is: How do I setup the IIcx to become a server running NFS, DNS,
NIS, and all thoose other TCP/IP-services? I know very litle about TCP/IP.
How do I choose a IP-address, gateway, etc?

I have Three Ethernet-cards to choose for the IIcx, 1 Apple Ethernet NB (68000),
1 Apple Ethernet NB Twisted-Pair and 1 Kinetics EtherPort II.

Which one of them will work with NetBSD? While booting it says "Not configured",
what does this mean? How do I build a driver for it?

If someone can help out I will be very happy.

With Best Regards
	/Johan Claesson

This is the dmesg:

NetBSD 1.2 (NFS) #33: Sat Sep 14 20:45:23 PDT 1996
    root2@wormhole:/disk2/src/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/NFS
Apple Macintosh IIcx  (68030)
real mem = 33554432
avail mem = 29786112
using 204 buffers containing 835584 bytes of memory
mrg: 'Mac II class ROMs' ROM glue, tracing off, debug off, silent traps
mrg: I/O map kludge for old ROMs that use hardware addresses directly.
adb: bus subsystem
\^H\^H\^H\^Hadb: extended keyboard at 2
adb: extended mouse <\M^Z "1> 56-button 15419 dpi unknown device at 3
adb: mapped device (5) at 15
mainbus0 (root)
obio0 at mainbus0
adb0 at obio0 (ADB event device)
asc0 at obio0 Apple sound chip.
ite0 at obio0 (minimal console)
ncrscsi0 at obio0
scsibus0 at ncrscsi0
sd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <CONNER, CP30200  SUN0207, 4234> SCSI2 0/direct
fixed
sd0: 203MB, 2123 cyl, 4 head, 49 sec, 512 bytes/sec
zsc0 at obio0 chip type 0
zstty0 at zsc0 channel 0
zstty1 at zsc0 channel 1
fpu0 at obio0 (mc68882)
nubus0 at mainbus0
macvid0 at nubus0: Mac II WorkStation Video Card
macvid0: 1152 x 870, monochrome
grf0 at macvid0
nubus0: slot b: Apple Ethernet NB Card (Vendor: Copyright (C) 1990, 1991 Apple
Computer, Inc., Part: 341-0246)  not configured
Changing root device to sd0a.
PRAM: 0x325ae9db, macos_boottime: 0x325ae9b2.

Thoose are the files I have tried to edit:

/etc/myname:
pegasus.jc.se

/etc/mygate:
128.138.240.1