Subject: Re: Installation Help Idea...
To: None <news@maple-gw.maple.or.jp>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/11/1996 04:58:48
On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] wrote:

> That doesn't really contain enough information on _current_ kernels to
> help, I don't think.  The big question is, what drives work with sbc,
> which with ncrscsi, which with both, which with neither....

One recurring theme that seems to be coming up with any SCSI driver (and
plaguing at least 2, perhaps 3 NetBSD ports) is:  Quantum disks.  I've
just recently heard reports that Quantum violates the SCSI spec, but
unfortunately I don't know how they're doing that.  This would, however,
cause problems with drivers that are implemented to specification. :-(

--scott