Subject: UltraDock
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tore Halset <Tore.Halset@idt.ntnu.no>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/1996 16:20:16
I have a PowerBook Duo 250 and a UltraDock 16sce from Ultra Tech. When
installing NetBSD on the internal disk I got some errors about "bad
blocks" so I wanted to try it with an old external Quantum on the
scsi-port of the UltraDock. I have tried whith both the "duo" kernel that
was announced at this list 2 weeks ago and the adb-test-160 kernel.

Both of them get to the same point. It will swich to the console from
MacOS and go trough the initial tests, but it does not find the external
disk...

fpu0 at obio0 (emulator)
nubus0 at mainbus0
macvid0 at nubus0: 16sce Ultra Dock
macvid0: 1152x870, monochrome
grf1 at macvid0
ARGH!! No boot device????

The kernel is loaded from the NetBSD-disk and not MacOS. No display is
connected to the external video-connector. It drops into the debugger and
I can write to it.

Any help?

 - Tore.