Subject: Re: separate root and swap drives?
To: Steven Campbell <scampbel@astral.magic.ca>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/06/1996 23:30:03
Assuming no one's replied to this yet (I'm still catching up on my mail):

1) I thought that GENERIC kernels had been modified to accept swap on
differing drives from whatever one your root partition is on, but you
might need the proper line in /etc/fstab

2) You can hard code in your disk configuration with a line like:

options	config	root on /dev/sd1a swap on /dev/sd2b dumps on /dev/sd2b

or something a little similar to that.  There should be examples in some
of the config files in the mac68k source distribution.

Later.