Subject: Re: NetBSD on a Performa/LC 575?
To: Allan Fields <afields@host.ott.igs.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/06/1996 18:19:10
>I am kind of new to NetBSD, but the last time I checked Performa/LC 575s were
>not supported.  I have tried to install a few times, but have encountered a
>multitude of errors.  Anyone successfully installed it on a 575 yet?  If
>so, how?  Will the 575 be supported in the future?

We've managed to get the ROM addresses for the LC575, but it still has
some problems with video and/or mapping.  Also it seems to use a
different setup for VIA/RBV than all the current working models. The
person who was testing it couldn't get it to transfer from the Booter to
the Kernel.  What kind of errors were you getting and which Kernels were
you trying?  maybe with the new video info and the new Booter it's time
to give it another look.

-bob