Subject: Re: Tape Drives
To: Hauke Fath <saw@sun0.urz.uni-heidelberg.de>
From: Greg Putrich <gregp@primenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/06/1996 15:47:02
On Sun, 6 Oct 1996, Hauke Fath wrote:

> Ummm... This may even have been an issue years ago on a macbsd mailing
> list. I remember something along the lines of ...SC40 tries to behave
> like a hard disk...
> I also remember seeing something on a HAM flea market two years ago that
> looked like a stripped SC40: A normal (floppy) streamer with a huge
> controller board attached to it. I almost bought it  - but then, 40
> MB... :)

I'll search the archives and perhaps something is in there.

You're right about it being only 40MB. If there's not an easy fix for it,
I may just set this thing aside. It's getting to the point of not being
worth the effort. More important things are on the list to be done.

Thanks for the info...
Greg Putrich - Internet: gregp@primenet.com                       [skeezix]
Public Key 27E97EBD = 62 0E B9 A2 45 D2 64 AC 8A B4 6D 9D 5B 23 90 1F

               An fsck a day keeps the core dump away