Subject: Re: new ADBTEST kernel
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Sweda <sweda@us.itd.umich.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/04/1996 16:59:45
On Fri, 04 Oct 1996 09:08:54 CDT,
Scott Reynolds rearranged the electrons to say:
>On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, John P. Wittkoski wrote:
>
>> It may be that it is becuase of the sbc driver in the ADBTEST kernel,
>> or perhaps the cache.
>
>I'm having a really hard time believing that it's the sbc driver.
>However, the cache card should probably not be enabled.

FYI, I've had the cache card enabled and running on my IIci with
a 1.2BETA kernel for over a month now with no problems (ncr scsi).
I'm seeing about a 15-20% performance gain by using the cache.
Anyone know why the slot is disabled by default?

another FYI:  I put a DayStar 040 accelerator into the cache slot,
and booted with Kevin Radke's DayStar enhanced kernel, it will boot into
single-user, but hangs after issuing several commands.  I think
the 040's caches aren't being flushed properly.  Does anyone know
if the DayStar kernel source mods have made it into -current yet?
If not, where can I find the diffs?

Sean

Sean Sweda                        :            Owner, Motor City Marauders
sweda@us.itd.umich.edu            :   1994 Internet Baseball League Champs
http://www.umich.edu/~sweda       :                     http://www.ibl.org