Subject: Re: new ADBTEST kernel available
To: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
From: None <jbyler@MIT.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/04/1996 02:23:43
> It may be that it is becuase of the sbc driver in the ADBTEST kernel,
> or perhaps the cache.
>
> Does anyone else have a IIci they can test on?
>
> 	--John

Yep.  I downloaded and tested your ADBTEST.160 kernel on my IIci just
now.  I can confirm that it doesn't work.  The first time I got a
whole string of 30 or 40 of the same error (No response from
something) before I stopped getting output.  After I waited a while, I
hit the interrupt switch and the computer rebooted (?).  Then I loaded
MacOS _without extensions_ (note- I don't have problems with MacOS
extension using my normal kernel) and tried again.  This time it got
further (it looked like it got through the adb init stuff) but then
rebooted my Mac later in the boot process.

My guess is you'll need more specifics (like exactly what the messages
were :-) for this to be really useful.  I don't have time tonight to
keep working on it, but I may try to get you a printout of the startup
sequence messages in a few days if I can figure out how.  [Any hints
for this, BTW?]  In the meantime, I just thought I'd let you know it
doesn't work.  [I don't need it to, but I'm willing to help test it
for you...]

Good luck!
-Jesse