Subject: Re: Duo230 kernel
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Yoshihisa SUGIMOTO <sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/04/1996 15:00:03
Hello, Daishi

Thank you for your great work.

At  8:24 PM 96.9.30 +0900, Daishi Kato wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I made the kernel for Duo230.
>This time, I added M.R. Zucca's patch.
>I also added a few lines in machdep.c.
>The kernel is at my home page.
>http://shimura-www.cs.titech.ac.jp/~daishi/daishi-e.html

I tried Daishi's kernel to Duo 230 with Dock, no FPU. NetBSD system was
installed on external HDD of 2GB capacity. Booter was Booter 1.9.4.

Booting was smooth until kernel checked ethernet card. After checking
ethernet card, some words were displayed, then "slot_noint() slot e"
continued endlessly.

Is this related to the fact that there is no FPU on this machine?
If not, could you have an advice for me?

BTW, I saw several lines of "adb: cleanup: nothing returned".
Is it OK?

Thanks in advance.

Y. Sugimoto

Yoshihisa Sugimoto, M.D., Ph. D.
Department of Medicine I // Medical Information Center
Shiga University of Medical Science
http://www.shiga-med.ac.jp/people/sugimoto's/index.html